Stan Stern is a veteran attorney and former electronic systems engineer experienced in virtually all areas of the law. Located in Pacific Palisades, his office represents clients in the greater Los Angeles region.
A practicing attorney for over 40 years who has served as:
– Instructor of Contracts Law at the University of West Los Angeles Law School
– Member of the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Panel
– Arbitrator for State of California Contractors Licensing Board Consumer Disputes
– Small Claims Court Judge for the Los Angeles County Court System
The Law Office of Stan Stern serves clients in the following areas:
– Personal Injury Lawyer (Los Angeles)
– Employment Law
– Business and Real Estate Law
– Professional Malpractice
– Appeals, personal and business
Notable Appellate Law Cases:
– Gonzalez v. City of Santa Monica (2008) 43 Cal 4th 903: Preeminent case on Receiverships for substandard properties under the California Health & Safety Code – which has been highlighted in Los Angeles Lawyer magazine, June 2016 edition.
– Mitchum, Jones & Templeton, Inc. v. Chronis (1977) 72 Cal.App.3d 596 140 Cal. Rptr. 160: Seminal case explaining the rules in Contractual Arbitrations in California.
– Clermont v. Secured Investment Corp. (1972) 25 Cal. App. 3d 766,102 Cal. Rptr. 340: Development of the rules regarding allowable charges for Late Payments in mortgage loan agreements in California.
– Demey v. Joujon-Roche, 133 Cal. Rptr. 570, 63 Cal. App. 3d 178, 63 Cal. 3d 178 – 1976: Regulation due-on-sale clauses in California land sale contracts.