Leigh Chandler is a co-founder of Chandler & Shechet, LLP. In addition to her law degree, she has a Master of Dispute Resolution from the prestigious Straus Institute.
In 2004, Ms. Chandler graduated Summa cum Laude from the Commonwealth College Honors Program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst with a Bachelor’s Degree in English and a minor in Psychology. She moved to Los Angeles later that year to take advantage of a full scholarship to the Pepperdine University School of Law. Leigh graduated from law school Cum Laude and in the top 15% of her class, with a Certificate in Dispute Resolution from the prestigious Straus Institute, in addition to her law degree. She returned seven years later to complete her master’s degree, while still working full time at Chandler & Shechet, LLP.
Ms. Chandler is admitted to the State Bar of California
– Master of Dispute Resolution
– Mediator and Litigator
– Selected to the 2016 and 2017 California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list (no more than two and a half percent of lawyers in a State receive this honor every year). Selection process described at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html
– Strauss Institute Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
– Has served as an Arbitrator for the Los Angeles and Santa Monica Bar Associations (binding & non-binding lawyer-client fee disputes)
– Numerous articles published in California Lawyer Magazine & Daily Journal. Topics include Internet Domain/Cybersquatting, Intellectual Property, Law Firm Management/Practice (including MCLE – Article in California Lawyer Magazine on “True Retainers”)
– Amicus Curiae before the California Supreme Court in In re Stephen Glass, on admission (S196374)
– Received the American Jurisprudence Award for Corporations
– Dispute Resolution Law Journal Staff Member
– Member — Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
– Member — Golden Key Honors Society
– Awarded — President’s Award in English